Thursday, October 08, 2026

I hate painting buildings.....

Buildings.... I hate painting buildings.....

They always seem a waste of time given how many figures are in the painting queue.

Two Sheds Fred to the rescue, Fred and Emily are great to work with, great communication and a wonderful paint job.

I had a pre-painted buildings from Hadrian's Walls (sadly OOP) but wanted to match some 3D prints which I had to the same style.

What a great job - A perfect match.

Superb detail on the buildings and the guys have done a fantastic job both inside and out.

The buildings whilst designed for Japan will be perfect for anywhere in the far east and will compliment my existing terrain for anything from the Sino-Japanese project through to the Water Margin.



Add in a Well from 4 Ground which had been hanging around for several years - I am never painting 28mm buildings again.

Two Sheds Fred highly recommended.

If you had not guessed this month it's back to the Sino-Japanese War and the last of the Chinese troops plus a couple of funnies.

5 comments:

  1. Well I like painting buildings, albeit 6mm or 10mm ones, so much easier than those 28mm ones. Now painting I horses I hate, with all that tack to be, well, tackled!

    I'm reading reading Rana Mitter's 'China's War With Japan 1937-1945', to get more au fait with this conflict that I know very little about, with the aim to build up a small Chinese force in 10mm at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking buildings Stuart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking buildings, I like building and painting buildings, I find it a nice change from figure painting?
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are really great buildings Stu. Personally, I don't mind doing terrain for a change, I always find it relatively easy to get a look I am happy with - a bit like tanks and vehicles. I would rather do either than paint cavalry or guns and limbers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely buildings with marvellous detail. They look superb alongside your figures/vehicles and terrain.
    Best wishes, James

    ReplyDelete