Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Water Margin - Heroes

Whilst the prep for the Pony Wars continues I thought I would switch projects and finish off a extra's picked up several months ago.

Having completed the Sung cavalry recently I thought it was time to give the Heroes of Liangshan Po some extra reinforcements. 

Watching the later episodes of the Water Margin TV show, I thought I would pick a number of the leading characters.

The latest recruits, Kung Sung Cheng - Master Tactician, Kuang Sheng - Great Blade (ex-General), Tai-TSung - Magic Traveller and Li - Kwei - The Black Whirlwind.


Meanwhile a couple of bandits nasty fellows preying on travellers and the weak, the type of characters to give Laingshan Po a bad reputation. 

Great castings from Scotia Grendel and their Tales of the Dragon Kings Range.

16 comments:

  1. Brilliant! I used to live The Water Margin, I've not seen it for years, I'll have to try and find it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Careful you don't get pulled in Ray.... Now watching all kinds of add SE Asian drama's :-)
      Cheers
      Stu

      Delete
  2. Like Ray has said, brilliant work and loved the tv series, which I haven't seen since it was on the telly way back when.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got two box sets taking up room in the lounge on the book shelf or so the wife tells me Steve :-)

      Delete
  3. More great work Stu. My recollection is The Wter Margin was on BBC2 early in the evening? I think I watched the first series or at least the first several episodes but I didn't stick with it...the dubbing to English was too annoying I think...I couldn't persevere with it! I feel like I was around sixteen or seventeen at the time, so late seventies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right.... about 6.00pm I used to sneakily switch it over when my father fell asleep in front of the news :-)

      Delete
  4. Nice work ....I am going to see if I can find and watch them again 🤔

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a little dated, but hey I am stuck in the past... surprisingly gory in parts, but that mix of humour which seems to be a feature Chinese-Korean TV.
      Cheers
      Stu

      Delete
  5. Nice characters!

    I heartily recommend *not* reading the book if you want to retain the impression that they were "heroes".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true Tamsin, hard going far better to stick the 70's TV :-)

      Delete
  6. Lovely brushwork. They are really nice sculpts as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, you never know they might extend the range now they are under the Scotia stable.
      Cheers
      Stu

      Delete
  7. I don't think Water Margin ever made it over the Atlantic as it is new to me. The sculps are lovely and well painted. My young grandkids are very keen on Mulan and youve given me an idea about a way to get them into gaming in a year or so!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good shout Padre I watched it with my kids over Christmas and did think the same, the next unit are a very close match to some of the Mongols so you never know :-)

      Delete