Friday, March 06, 2020

Ash vs the Army of Darkness - Evil Dead 3

Welcome to Fantasy March.

Back in 1992 Sam Raimi directed a cult classic Evil Dead 3 - Army of Darkness.
Ash is transported back to 1300 AD where he is forced to retrieve the Necronomicon from the land of the Deadites. Told to say "Klaatu Barada Nikto" to retrieve the book, he messes up and resurrects the Army of the Dead....

How could I resist.



A fantastic casting from Hasslefree Miniatures not really sure what to do with him or whether he will grace the tabletop but he was fun to paint and a good start to the month.


I might create some stats for Warlords of Erehwon he could make a great Hero and be a useful character to turn back the dead. Now for some rules for shotguns and chainsaws.



A weekend of sticking arms and heads on zombies awaits as two more boxes from Fireforge Games make it to the paint table. 

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. That's why ASh needs to be on the table.

      Delete
  2. Katu Varota...Nec? …..Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. More great work Stu! Hassle free are fantastic figures...I got a few when I did Frostgrave war ands some years ago. At the moment, I have my eye on one called (I think) Kaerina, winter version. I have absolutely no use for the figure, it just looks so nice I would love to paint it...have resisted temptation so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would not happen before the Internet, the 21 days for delivery would have stopped this daft purchases :-)
      Cheers
      Stu

      Delete
  4. One of my all - time favourite movies- after watching the movie we converted an old citadel miniature and then use GW skeletons and blocks for the castle!. Love the figure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just need to find a way of sneaking him into games... perhaps stuck in a barn for starters :-)
      Cheers
      Stu

      Delete