Saturday, March 14, 2020

Return of King Rat

No Hammerhead today unfortunately Covid19 is playing havoc with my gaming plans, whilst others go nuts hunting down the last toilet roll, I am more worried about running out of varnish and undercoat.

So no show but a day on the brushes instead.


A free gift from the Secret Wargamers Friend. Originally DnD miniatures I think.
This pile of rats are far larger than my original Bushido offering and put them to shame to be honest.


They needed a new base and I needed to touch up tails and teeth before a dark ink wash to finish them off. I might redo my earlier ones to blend them in switching from black to brown.


I have been thinking about what else could bolster the dark forces without getting carried away and going all Games Workshop with demons and chaos nurgle stuff.
Perhaps some giant rats to add to the collection above.

10 comments:

  1. Midlam do great giant rats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Paul they look the part, added to the list of things to do in lock down... :-(

      Delete
  2. Nice worl I guess Stu ....but I still hate bloody rats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Bl**dy horrible things give me the shivers.

      Delete
    2. I think the brown one looks nastier than the black.... back to human types next.
      Cheers
      Stu

      Delete
  3. Great looking rats ! I suspect we will have plenty of time to paint just need to ensure we have enough paint....I too can live without toilet paper but if I run out of Agrax shade I am done 👍 and will have to go on the rampage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This could be the year Matt where every wargamer clears their backlog, not sure what we would do then..... and I thought the zombie wars were mad :-(
      Cheers
      Stu

      Delete
  4. Those look excellent and intimidating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now to get them on the table :-)
      Cheers
      Stu

      Delete
  5. Rats look amazing and very scary!

    ReplyDelete