Saturday, November 28, 2020

Hittite Guard - Infamy Infamy

Well it looks like next week game is off.... 

So a little less pressure to complete the current ancient lead pile, however I am managing to get in a couple of hours of hobby time in a day, I suppose lockdown has some advantages...


After last weeks officer types, the first of the Newline Hittites hit the table, a bit of a hidden gem if you ask me, some really nice designs which mix in really well with the other manufacturers.
They do require a little more cleaning up, with excess flash under the arms, legs and underside of the base, plus a number of the models need the hand drilling out to take the spear, but they take paint really well and with a mix of shields give you plenty of modelling options for units.


The unit above represents a Hittite guard unit more formally dressed than the previous units. These elite Warriors will bolster the infantry arm of the Hittite army. I lifted the colours straight off the Newline Website, the oranges and yellows give a superior feel to the mixed colours of the regulars.

Next up something a little different from the unfinished box.... 

16 comments:

  1. Shame about the game but we’ll get there eventually. What’s up next I wonder?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another nice unit Stu and the red cloth and helmet crest adds a nice touch of class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work! I seem to be fielding a steady stream of Hittites of late too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does make a change from belts and buckles....
      12 months work, I really do need a game now.... :-)
      Cheers
      Stu

      Delete
  4. Lovely Hittites, Stu. Great brushwork on excellent sculpts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean... High praise in deed.
      Cheers
      Stu

      Delete
  5. More nice additions to your Hittite collection Stu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A couple of units to go and then I should finally be good to go....
      Cheers
      Stu

      Delete
  6. Very nice work! After that I'm thinking to do some biblical army for myself...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice looking group of figures good work on the painting!
    Ancients I don’t have any of them...I must resist!

    ReplyDelete