Monday, October 11, 2021

6mm Sioux & Cheyenne - Baccus Miniatures

I missed out on Partizan this year but the weekend was not without some gaming activity and yet more native Sioux and Cheyenne to try to stem the US Army incursions.

6mm is certainly growing on me, largely as a single batch on the paint table creates multiple units for Sharp Practice in this case 16 Irregular skirmish units, great castings from Baccus.



These are perfect for the first historical outing and a refight of one of the opening engagements with Colonel Reynolds attack on a Cheyenne encampment in March 1876


Can the Indian's defend their camp and pony herds?
Just the teepee's to go, nothing like the pressure of game to get the brushes working.

6 comments:

  1. Nice work, I keep toying with 6 mm and fancy something infantry based. Rather than my WW2 armour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does give you the bigger picture games that I can't fit on my regular gaming table, although I do have squint when looking at them :-)
      Cheers
      Stu

      Delete
  2. They look very nice Stu and the attraction of the scale is obvious on several levels - size of engagements, speed to paint up, total cost of an army and so on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really coming together Keith, first full game next week with the tweaked rules.
      Cheers
      Stu

      Delete