According to accounts Cortez took 16 cavalry when he left Cuba in 1519 - so 12 should be more than enough for my needs.
Two units of 6 from Wargames Atlantic designed for Lion/Queztacoata Rampant to strike fear into the hearts of the Aztec warriors....
I broke the units up into a lance and sword unit, following the theme from the foot troops and common colours for each type, I suspect the Jungle and general wear and tear would have meant they would have had less of a uniform in reality but they fit with the broader theme of the Aztec project.
Half way through the month - now for more Aztecs the clock is ticking....




Those have come out a treat well done. I still need to do the bases on mine.
ReplyDeleteVery nice
ReplyDeleteNicely done and a nice bit of info on the amount of cavalry taken. Can't have been much fun being a horse crossing the Atlantic in those ships!
ReplyDeleteThey look mighty fine Stuart.
ReplyDeleteNice additions Stu and 12 out of 16 must the closest to 1:1 any wargamer has ever come when reproducing a historical OOB!
ReplyDeleteVery nicely done. Looking forward to seeing the Aztec. What the heck is Quetzalcoatl Rampant? I have never heard of this as a variant.
ReplyDelete