Sunday, December 07, 2014

Chain of Command - Russian Armour..... Part 2

4.30pm Sunday and hardly a minute to spare and the Russian Armour is finished...


Perhaps I was being a little ambitous but the basing and under coating completed yesterday evening and left to dry overnight gave me a good solid start this morning, with finer detail and crew being finished around lunchtime, barely time for the varnish and static grass to dry.


This collection of vehicles should give me plenty of support options for chain of command, with the option to "go large" with 3 T34's and an IS2 in support.

 
I have opted for a light winter dusting giving me the option to blend with other Wyverners collections who the majority are based around the Western Front, but this gives me the option to add further winter troops if required.

 Anti - Tank options should I need to go on the defensive.

The scout options for those probe's into German territory.

 Tired of walking then hitch a lift with the transport elements.

13 vehicles in less than a day just hope the fumes from the varnish does not knock me out on the way to the club house.
 

What's the bet they suffer the curse of freshly painted figures on their first outing.

15 comments:

  1. I told you, that you will manage to paint them all. Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blimey, I'm impressed that you got that lot completed in time for the game!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Steve, I guess some times it not the game that's important but the urgency focus needed to get stuff moving.
      Cheers
      Stu

      Delete
  3. Wow, nice work Stu. Time to kick back, relax and not get battered by Ade's German MGs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With all the painting of late begining to think I should have signe up for Curt's challange.

      Delete
  4. That JSII now has a vacancy for a driver if anyone knows the whereabouts of a willing volunteer ;-)
    4(!) yes 4(!) panzerschrek ambushes to achieve that though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep poor dice on your part, combined with my fantastic ability to wipe out my own squads just at the wrong moment.... Till next comrade :-)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Poking the Russian Bear....
      Should have paid for the barrage.... :-(

      Delete
    2. I doubt even my write up can turn this into a victory....

      Delete
  6. I amazed at the quality you put out in such a short time. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of those rare days when the house is empty....
      A couple of good war movies on the telly....
      Roll on next year and the FY15 Christmas Panto..... :-)
      Cheers
      Stu

      Delete
  7. They look terrific, Stu, a very fine quantity and quality of work. I hope they did their bit for Stalin and the rodina!

    ReplyDelete