Saturday, September 02, 2017

Frostgrave: Ghost Archipelago

I never did get into Frostgrave. The investment in suitable terrain put me off, I like to ensure my terrain collection has multiple uses across periods and gaming systems. The rules themselves seemed fine in the few games I had with Paul at the Wyverns (see his posts here.) so when Ghost Archipelago was announced set in jungle covered Islands it suddenly felt worth considering as a gaming system.


The main characters in Frostgrave: Ghost Archipelago are the powerful Heritors and their Warden sidekicks. These characters will replace the Wizard and Apprentice characters from the original Frostgrave setting the teasers suggest a Sinbad type feel to the crewmen and factions with the usual RPG type options of building characters through the games played.
 
Osprey Games Frostgrave Ghost Archipelago Wardens

Osprey Games: New Frostgrave - Ghost Archipelago Painted Heritors Miniatures

The initial previews are encouraging expendable crewmen and weird adversaries such as the
snakemen.



The initial look and feel appears to give the kind of large scale skirmish I was looking for in a pirate type adventure and the recent games of Cutlass! and Atlantis type adventure should transfer well into  Junglegrave and give me a use for some of the stranger painted items which don't see much game time.


It hopefully will give me a chance to pull together all of those small projects under one roofwith a common rule set.

Definately a Nickstarter worth backing and with jungle terrain a plenty something I can bring to the table relatively quickly. Crickey I am almost entering mainstream gaming. Anyhow after this minor distraction back to some thing a little more left field Haitian Napoleonics...

4 comments:

  1. Now that is interesting, especially having created all this jungle terrain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of you Michael when I looked at your various projects over the years it presents an opportunity to bring several areas together all under one system.
      Cheers
      Stu

      Delete
  2. Wow, superb and atmospheric pictures, love the sceneries!

    ReplyDelete