Thursday, June 18, 2020

Dispatches from the front X

This week seems to have dragged a little.
Is it the weather, the end of the Diplomacy Campaign or the need to kick off a new project.


The Wyvern Diplomacy Campaign has come to and end, we called it a day when, it came down to myself as Turkey and the Germans. No one wanted to watch two of us battle it out for another couple of years.
A great way to spend the lock down evenings pondering moves and alliances. Well played by everybody and we still left as friends. Such a fun game that has stood the test of time.

Coming soon is the latest release from the Too Fat Lardies and Infamy Infamy.
Designed for gaming warfare in Gaul and Ancient Britain. 


Like many of my projects I wanted to do something slightly different, whilst Roman legions would be good others in the club already have them covered and I would need extra terrain, so with plenty of desert terrain time to roll out the Hittites and Egyptians.
For several months I have been building up the forces storing them up for the launch.
I have started the prep but have a couple more projects to finish before I start them in earnest perfect timing as the rules are due to land at the end of June.


In preparation for the Kings of Bronze Project I took the opportunity to replenish some of the paints, despite having many of these already I still get strangely excited by new paints.
The Foundry paints do last over the years where as the likes of Games Workshop tend to harden as air gets into the newer designed pots.



I have long been a fan of Army Painter's soft tone it gives depth to my painting efforts and covers up some of those minor mistakes but with much of the New Kingdom Egyptians being in white I thought I would give their Flesh wash a try, it looks a little softer and paler and will be perhaps better suited to the whites and lighted colours more prevalent in the Egyptian army.


It looks like the Wyvern Club House will be open in September subject of course to social distancing, bring your own dice and figures and make your own tea :-)

It would be great to have these ready for the club relaunch.
A couple of months to finish a couple of projects and get these under way.

12 comments:

  1. Nice to see your club *might* be able to re-open in September. With Colours cancelled we could all do with a way of meeting up with wargaming friends face-to-face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very exciting... new game, new army ready to paint, opponents ready to play. Color me jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exciting times ahead, funnily enough I am contemplating a new project so quite interested to see what others are up to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some great ideas coming out at the moment Michael.
      Roll on the next round of shows :-)
      Cheers
      Stuart

      Delete
  4. Hi Stuart- A long time since last commenting on your Posts- seems ages ago that you were doing War of The Worlds in 15mm- most enjoyable...good luck with your new project and hope that your Club opens soon. Cheers. KEV. (Sydney-Australia).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kev how have you been?
      Glad to hear you guys are being released and back to normality.
      Looks like you have been busy the Mars stuff looks great.
      Best wishes
      Stuart

      Delete
    2. Hi Stuart- I'm well thanks- after major Heart Surgery- getting a bit of painting and modelling done with my MARS 1860 Project - hope to move onto Fantasy for awhile- and then there are the Laviathans to game with. Things are good. Had a game today with my friend Greg - 7Yrs War. More games in future. Cheers. KEV.

      Delete
    3. I am glad you are on the mend Kev and getting some good games in.
      Cheers
      Stu

      Delete
  5. I shall look forward to your new project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ray... Just need to keep the focus on the "infillers" might have to try a little bit of multi-tasking :-)

      Delete