Saturday, September 06, 2014

Russo-Japanese War - Shock Markers and Bombers.

A good day on the painting front and yet more from lead mountain, I picked these extra's from Tsuba Miniatures at salute back in April, no news yet of the promised Japanese Cavalry, still plenty more to get on with.




The ammo bearers pack is a useful addition and gives me a few more options for shock and low ammo markers for use within the The Two Fat Lardies - Mud and Blood rules, which are my rules of choice for the RJW.




Second up a couple of casualty bases which add a little more flavour to the table, I contemplated copying the plate below, which the figure on the right is model on, but thought better of at, better to blend in with what I have, however it did get me thinking about another unit of Russians with white tunic's - I am not sure the trousers are entirely correct?

Can anyone help confirm the red trousers before I put paint to brush????


I had a couple of spare Japanese from the WW2 Project left over and throught they might get more table time, if a recruited them into the RJW ranks.


A couple of Warlord Games bombers ready to storm the trenches of Port Arthur, should they get through the wire first...

Followed by a Mounted Big Man also from Warlord.....




It's been several months since the RJW Troops got an airing, with a couple of fresh units painted up, time I put on a game up at the Wyverns Wargames Club.

10 comments:

  1. Very cool! I have a few RJW Japanese (Old Glory from their Boxer range). I've never used for RJW yet though. Not sure as to the rule just yet. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dean
      As I was not going for large battalions etc, M&B works fine, I tinkered with the HMG rules to make them a little less effective and added a couple of cards in the deck to make the Japs a more mobile and agressive in attack, but the Russians stoic in defence but lower in terms of firing and field craft.

      Delete
  2. Great to see some more progress on these. I now how a soft spot for this conflict after the demo game you ran at the club a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve how time flies, slowly building up the forces, got my eye on some large Russian Artillery as I fancy a Jap trench raid some time in the future, one of those projects that for once I have out painted whats available.... :-)
      Cheers
      Stu

      Delete
  3. Very nice work, beautiful uniforms and great paint job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look really splendid. The other day I was looking through the older blog posts and thinking about your rule adaptations for the RJW and the additional rules for each side. Really terrific work on all of those posts (which somehow I missed first time around). A really interesting period, with some wonderful figures produced by you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sid shock markers were lifted from ;-)
      Plenty more to come.

      Delete
  5. Looks good Stuart. I am looking to expand my own RJW and, like you, am waiting for Tsuba to release the cavalry. Do you know of any suitable Cossacks, mounted and dismounted?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mark, I picked up some of Brigade games WW1 Russians, however I also picked up some Ebob Belgiums which seem to fit the part.
      http://www.maxfarquar.com/2014/05/ladybird-books-peter-and-jane-2014/
      Cheers
      Stu

      Delete
    2. Also Tiger miniatures have some Russo-Turkish which might fit although not tried them.

      Delete