Sunday, May 12, 2013

All Quiet on the Martian Front - War of the Worlds.

Oh no another distraction....
I have been a fan of H.G. Wells, War of the Worlds since my early teens, I have have built up large collection of Black Hats Tripods and Martians, however I have struggled to find a suitable set of rules which captures the battles in the book.

However when this appeared on Kickstarter, I think I may have found it....
It's my first time on Kick Starter but this venture really seems to have taken off, being full funding in the first few days.

   
All Quiet on the Martian Front is a 15mm scale sci-fi battle game that plays out the second Martian War and breathes new life into the classic earth invasion tale. 
Set in the second decade of the twentieth century humanity uses tanks, artillery, and never before seen technology to defend Earth from the Martian invaders. The Martians use advanced war machines, human zombie slaves, gas warfare, and worse to eliminate all humanity from the Earth. 
It is tanks vs. tripods, big guns vs. heat rays, and incredible heroics vs. emotionless eradication across the tattered and entrenched landscape of 1910 America.

The guy's over at Alien Dungeon are certainly throwing some get ideas at the Kick Starter scheme, with plenty of stuff that will cross over into the "1st invasion"


British Home Service Infantry, "Bows and Arrows against the lightening"



My plan will be to use my existing collection, but to expand it to include the proposed Martian drones and selected vehicles which fit the earlier Victorian era.


Should the Kicker starter really fly off the shelves then the Brits arrive..... 

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea and game, I think I will be having to have to butchers at it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly fits with my own mad ideas.... :-)

      Delete
  2. That sounds like a fun distraction.

    ReplyDelete