Saturday, June 13, 2020

Company B Seabee's - US Naval Construction Battalions.

It must be a record, purchased, painted and game table ready in a few weeks.... 
Normally I like to leave things in the cupboard of shame for at least 12 months:-)

I am not really sure how they ended up in the basket, I convinced myself that it was to make up the postage when I placed an order with Great Escape Games, I did not even realise that they stocked Company B Miniatures.

The Seabee's or US Naval Construction Battalions will be useful in a number of games whether fighting the Japanese or some Pulp encounters,
 

When ordering you have a choice of heads. Helmet or Soft hats. Be warned you have to glue the heads on and the fit is not the greatest and needs a bit of cleaning up to make them fit.


They do a lovely bulldozer but let's not get to carried away...
Right off now to watch John Wayne in the Fighting Seabees for inspiration.

10 comments:

  1. Nice work Stu.....the uniform just gave me a flash back to my very early years...the first ever Actio Man figure I got as maybe an eight year old was dressed in that classic US Navy rig..white sailor cap in rubber and the light blue shirt withh dark blue trousers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your right that takes me back... :-)
      I do have an urge to get a bull dozer mind - but I think that was watching heart break ridge with Clint Eastwood.
      Cheers
      Stu

      Delete
    2. Funny - I got a Sherman bulldozer in 15mm for my FoW collection, inspired by the scene in "A Bridge Too Far" where XXX Corps get shot up by the Krauts in the trees and they have to clear wrecked armour off the road before they can continue the advance....don't suppose I will ever use it in a game!

      Delete
  2. Fabulous turnaround and I am so glad it's not just me that feels he has to but more to make up the postage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suspect we are not the minority Michael.
      Best wishes
      Stuart

      Delete
  3. Fantastic work. Thank you for warning. I hate to assembling the metal figures...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work, as you say they can be dragged into a number of conflicts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just need an excuse to put them on the table Matt.
      Cheers
      Stu

      Delete