Wednesday, July 03, 2019

Idle hands are the devil’s workshop - Red Phoenix Project

Whilst working my notice I suddenly found that I had more gaming time than I would normally have. Bad news when you start thinking about new projects or those mothballed from years back even before this blog existed.

Whilst clicking through the numerous wargames items on e-bay I end up back at the fictional invasion of South Korea by the North, a couple of days later I find myself the owner of the new rules by Great Escape Games and Larry Bonds book plus a second hand copy of Korea 1995 by GMT Games more eye candy and inspiration than a desire to play the board game itself.


Somewhere in the loft is a North Korean and South Korean Battle group packed away. One of those projects that I could not quite bring myself to sell off. Good job as with a few tweaks they can make a fresh reappearance on the table top. I did find a box of shame, all the unfinished troops, vehicles and buildings mostly Time Cast Buildings and GHQ Micro Armour from the first time around.
Plenty to do in the weeks ahead without laying out a single penny..... Result.


Whilst I dig out the old collection, rebase the infantry and complete the unfinished buildings, some light reading and turning the US and Soviet forces into forces for the Korean Peninsula. 


 Coming soon Project Red Phoenix....

13 comments:

  1. The dreaded box of shame 🙀 I’ll be picking up a few more bits on Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  2. The joys of those forgotten or rediscovered projects in the loft!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I worry Steve just how many are tuck away up there :-)

      Delete
  3. Good stuff Stu - look forward to watching this project take shape over the coming weeks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's see at least there is very little on the shopping more the painting queue.
      Cheers
      Stu

      Delete
  4. Oh, now this could get interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only if the eyes hold out Michael.
      Regards
      Stuart

      Delete
  5. Stu, I have often toyed with grabbing a copy of GMT's Korea. If you ever fancy getting a game in, I would be interested ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do. It's second hand so I need to do an audit of the pieces and see what's missing.
      Cheers
      Stu

      Delete
  6. Best not to sell things I find you often come back to them in some format later on. Looks like a nice project🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could not agree more, I don't mind a different scale but could not face revisiting in the same scale....
      Cheers
      Stu

      Delete
  7. Can't comment on the GMT game but like your idea. Champion!
    A 'forgotten' war that can easily be played with any WW II rules.
    Thinking Chain of Command with an Aussies Platoon hmmm...

    ReplyDelete