Sunday, April 19, 2020

German Reinforcements - Bolt Action 15mm

After the last couple of outings for Stickler I figured it was high time the Germans received some reinforcements or perhaps I finally got to the last of the lead mountain for the WW2 Project. Over recent weeks I have reorganised many of my various armies and unearthed several 'mothballed' projects or hidden packs.... Yes I am a wargames hoarder... 


The last of the German Armour, a Battlefront metal kit and some additional AT support for the Germans. I am not sure how it will stand up to the Russian JS2's.


A collection of Radio Operators, Spotters and Pin Markers. These never made it to the table before but the recent Bolt Action games increased the need for forward observers for calling in the artillery or rare air support. Figures from Peter Pig's German range casualties from their AK47 range.


A pair of 120mm mortars to give some much needed support to Kampfgruppe Stickler. Just realise how out of focus this pic is... :-(


Fresh meat for the grinder. Pretty pleased how these turned out and completed in under 2 days.


Damn just as I thought I had finished the Germans then tucked away in another box is two fresh sections, it looks like this project may have a few more weeks to go. But at least Jerry has some extra infantry to slow the Russian tide.

17 comments:

  1. Some useful additions there Stu and your unearthed box reminds me of several trips to the attic of late, with those moments of "I forgot I had those!".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be fait Steve it's feels pretty good to get these complete, although I am finding the occasion new orders might have to now be made, but I keep telling myself these are only supplemental.
      Cheers
      Stu

      Delete
  2. Nice find Stu...in answer to your question oh how the the SPG will fare against a JS2 - badly I would imagine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work and most of us are hoarding something it only gets bad when you buy something you already have and didn’t realise 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There might be a few like that Matt. Damn those unlabelled boxes.
      Cheers
      Stu

      Delete
  4. Very nice additions, Stu. 15mm sounds like a good alternative scale for BA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It works well Dean, I have not altered any of the ranges and its gives the right feel for the scale. The thought of losing a 28mm unit in terms of expense and paint time puts me off a little, although I am planning on reorganising my Marines and Japs in May.
      Cheers
      Stu

      Delete
  5. Nice additions. I do love 15mm for the vehicles. I just wished I could paint the infantry to go with them to a standard I am a happy with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your not wrong Simon I much prefer 28mm but the infantry are ok if you stand back :-)
      Cheers
      Stu

      Delete
  6. Nice Marder! Don't like its chances against late war Soviet tanks though.
    Hopefully your well painted radio guys can request a Panther tank hehe....

    ReplyDelete