Saturday, April 16, 2022

Silver Bayonet - Chinese Honghuzi or Cultists

With Covid stalking the household and Easter plans cancelled, an opportunity for guilt free painting and another bunch of extra's for The Silver Bayonet. 

A number of scenario's call for cultists or bandits so I went with Chinese Honghuzi as part of the Russo-Japanese narrative I thought I would paint up these Foundry Boxers as members of a cult intent on protecting the the Fangshi or other evil forces.



I went for a simple black and red colour uniform to compliment the 'Devils'. Lots of swords and big choppers, as I am writing this it dawned on me that there is a little more than a touch of Karl Douglas about them for those of you of a certain age :-)


These should be fun and something a little different to keep the Russians and Japanese on their toes.


Next up... A return to the Bronze Age.

7 comments:

  1. Great stuff Stu, the ed and black definitely works with the evil cultist theme! . Sounds like your mind is working along similar lines to mine, in terms of my Pulp Project. My plan is to have two distinct groups of skeleton warriors....one with a Chinese theme ( sheikhs, banners etc) and the other Egyption (guarding the tomb of a liong dead Pharoah or similar) I may even get some other world Egyptian figures...the problem being they come from the US and I am not sure I can trust they will be delivered!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right Keith, can't wait to see your next post and borrow a few ideas ;-)
      I have a couple of projects planned for May, so right now it's nice to clear some of the 'extra's' that have been hanging around.
      Cheers
      Stu

      Delete
  2. Yup really like the black and red scheme - screams cultist.
    Frank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I thought Furt and something a little different.
      Cheers
      Stu

      Delete
  3. Another cracking unit their Stu:).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite a refreshing change Steve and nice to clear some of the backlog ;-)

      Delete
  4. NiceLy done Stu…it’s making me think about some Chinese forces for Back of beyond

    ReplyDelete