Monday, June 13, 2022

Dispatches from the front XXIV - Digital down loads & Kickstarters

Months without a major spend and then several come along at once.

The next 6 months could be really busy on the paint table. First up Baron's War Outremer and perhaps Andy's most successful yet, a monstrous £94 grand.... In a fit of madness I ended up going all in.....


Wow that's quite a lot of bare metal..... but this is perhaps a project that I have been on cusp of starting for over 30 years, right from when Standard Games brought out their version Outremer variant.


At the height of lockdown I played several games over Zoom of Standard Games wonderful Siege and if I wanted to recreate the Siege Warfare element I would need a fort to defend.... I was quick enough to pick up one of the few resin offerings.... What a fantastic piece of kit, perhaps the biggest one off purchase in several years. Roll on 2023 when delivery takes place.


Meanwhile like buses you back one and another comes along, whilst a game in it's own right the figures will make a great addition to the Elizabethan project.

Meanwhile a number of companies had offers to celebrate the Platinum Jubilee celebrations in the UK, the Too Fat Lardies had a 20% reduction which prompted me to make a couple of purchases for future games. The Swamp Fox has a great list of scenario's which I figured can be transferred to Haiti and Blitzkrieg 1940 gives me a whole raft of army lists for the main combatants in the early years of the war.


I do like to paint under pressure so with fresh lead landing in September, I best crack on and clear the decks as projects are starting to pile up.

6 comments:

  1. A pot pourri of projects there Stu:).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, looks like you will be pretty busy Stu....those Border Reivers are of particular interest to me, although I DEFINITELY don't need any more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I keep telling myself Keith....

      Delete
  3. I would definitely have a sit down after that ! What splendid stuff though, Ive never really done kickstarters etc I need my gratification to quickly. Obviously I have a fair few medieval figures anyway but the Outremer stuff looks really nice 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A paint table full, I figured Matt come January I would be free to focus on these, you just never know when might pop up in between times.

      Delete