Sunday, August 20, 2023

Moroccan Colonial Infantry - Operation Exporter

Back to Operation Exporter and this time Moroccan Colonial infantry to bolster the French Forces.

Frustratingly I had painted several sections of very same figures for when I created a number of sections for the Spanish Civil War that would have been fine, but alas long sold on e-bay, so time to move these to the front of the paint queue.


Great castings from Empress Miniatures, I went for a number of drab Fez's to given them a later feel than the earlier colonial troops. The Officer is a Perry Miniatures Vichy Commander finish off the unit.


Most are rifle armed apart from the LMG team, they are a useful addition to the Vichy or Free French.


Slow progress on the mass ranks of Commonwealth forces, but hopefully these move the project on slightly.

9 comments:

  1. Great looking figures, Stu! I'm also painting up new figures for the ones I sold off years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fine work there Stu and a pain to have to re-paint figures again, having sold them off. Easily done though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew I should have held my nerve Steve.

      Delete
  3. This is why I follow a strict policy of never selling anything I might conceivably ever want again! I sold off an entire 25mm French Napoleonic infantry collection - but they were truly terrible figures from Warrior in Scotland (that are still available) where an entire army of over 100 figures cost me about $15 back in the late 70's - I got about $300 for them in the mid 90's in NZ! (And, I have NEVER regretted getting rid of them!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and the new figures look great by the way, Stu!

      Delete
    2. I still have pangs about setting off my Boxers... that new dishwasher in the kitchen does not have the same appeal.

      Delete