Tuesday, September 15, 2026

The Peasants are revolting.....

Somewhat later than planned - a theme for the month.

Play a game and paint something to compliment it :-)

After the Excalibur outing I dug out half a box of peasants that were left over from one of the Crusader units and thought they would be useful to compliment the Knights of the Round Table and defend their homesteads against the invaders.



First up 5 missilemen and a cluster of arrows just because they were left on the sprue. A mix of greens and browns with some pretty flowers to show they are the good guys...



A bunch of spearmen ready with their wall of spears ok maybe more like a hedge of spears.




Finally a cluster of villagers with hand held weapons, the one eyed leader suggests is bark may be worse than is bite.

Nice to get these off the paint queue and table ready.

12 comments:

  1. A good mix of weapons there Stu and always good to have villagers to flesh out scenarios or as NPC's etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And nice to clear a few more of the odds and ends Steve.

      Delete
  2. ‘The peasants are revolting…’ aren’t they always 😁!
    Your peasant band look great, are well armed and are suitably drab looking.
    Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't say they are revolting, they look rather nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's just hope the orc's are nice to them :-)

      Delete
  4. Love these and the 'some pretty flowers to show they are the good guys' line made me chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look a bit grumpy, when they should be pleased to be so well painted!
    Best wishes, James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My worry is James like all newly painted figures they will die in the first round of combat :-)

      Delete
  6. Great looking game Stu - lack of comments I am putting down to Blogger delaying this appearing - I scroll back through Jon's blog list regularly and I am pretty sure I never saw this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blogger is certainly odd at the moment it would not let me add Photo's last week.

      Delete