Tuesday, August 27, 2019

V the Mini Series - Visitor Sky Fighter.

Whilst I wait expectantly for Crooked Dice to produce a Visitor Sky Fighter. ( More in hope and I guess depending on how well the Alien packs have sold.) The Reptiles need some air power to help them keep the humans in check.

The Sky Fighter was a very slick looking craft and very iconic in the mini-series, the fighter and the larger transport were very often seen parked up at road blocks or dropping down to allow the Shock Troopers to spill out. 
So my Shock Troopers needed one or at best a proxy for the games in Zikanga.


I picked up the following craft from the guys at Deamonscape who do a cracking range of 25/28mm resin vehicles, I have a couple of them for the Starship Troopers collection and this VTOL offering seemed perfect. With no guns and clean lines it felt very much of the Visitor style.



I thought about giving it a more lived in look but opted for the fresh out of the showroom feel. I did think about hand painting the symbol but in the end pinched one from the web as it stands out on the white background.



Based on the size and scale it should be perfect for a squad of around 6 troopers which is perfect for the games in the pipeline, mostly around capturing one or rescuing one.....

Right back to the serious stuff....

10 comments:

  1. that is very close visually a mid size between the 2 ships shown in the series and as far as i can remember the visitors ships always looked pristine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Dane, no battle damage on these fly boys :-)
      Cheers
      Stu

      Delete
  2. Looks great, what a great show V was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly the original series Ray.
      Cheers
      Stu

      Delete
  3. Very nice and I'd forgotten about the ships etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about putting it on a flying stand but figured I would get more use out of it as a group feature, objective marker etc, etc.
      Cheers
      Stu

      Delete
  4. Fab, those are the old GZG models.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They certainly hold their style and not a single skull in sight :-)

      Delete