Saturday, January 30, 2021

Water Margin - Last of the bare metal

January's television task complete... The entire box set. One every evening unsurprisingly no one else was keen to to watch it. Terrible by modern standards but it has a certain quality to it and it did give me a nudge to finally finish the last of the 1st Corp Chinese.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/39/Water_Margin_titles.jpg

These odds and ends have been hanging around in the spares draw for a number of years, with a couple of Water Margin 'Zoom' campaigns coming up, a good day on the brushes turning these from undercoat to table and just enough to create another warband.


Meanwhile I finished the last of the old glory casualties, which have also been languishing in the same draw, these shock markers will be useful for Infamy or Sharp Practice. 



Another bare metal project complete... 
Well maybe..... Let's see what the postie brings in the days ahead.....


10 comments:

  1. A lot of old tv series look awful to my kids (compared to CGI etc), but I love them for the pure nostalgia hit! Nice figures as always:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep mine were not a fan.... Next stop the flashing blade :-)

      Delete
  2. Nice work on all these Stu...the casualties are particularly attractive! I remember watching bits of the Water Margin back in the day...late seventies maybe?? I think even then, some of the dubbing into English irritated me so much I only watched bits if it...I certainly don't remember sitting down to watch it religiously every time it was on....there seem to be lots of similar themed shows on Netflix....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 24 episodes. I must have had the box set for around 10 years and never got through it myself, I was tempted to read the translation of the novel but it's tough going. You are right about Netflix some crackers on there, even with the subtitiles.
      Cheers
      Stu

      Delete
  3. You are definitely more productive than me at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ran out of telly Paul, back to watching old 70's box sets :-(

      Delete
  4. Excellent.....I remember the programme with very great fondness, I’m not sure I want to watch them again it might spoil the magic as they felt awesome and were state of the art at the time. A real sense of heroic endeavour against the odds.👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So very true Matt.... some great little scenario's most of which seem to revolve around people's mothers being held hostage :-)
      Cheers
      Stu

      Delete
  5. Stunning. Those casualty markers look very scary...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A good use of some old, Old Glory Bart.
      Cheers
      Stu

      Delete