Friday, August 20, 2021

Baccus Pony Wars - 7th Cavalry.

This project is definitely back to front, but is making steady progress, having completed the casualties and horse holders and then more recently the dismounted Infantry now comes the mounted 7th cavalry. Based for Sharp Practice but equally transferrable to the latest Pony Wars Rules.

They still need a little more flock on the bases but are largely complete, 4-8 units of the 7th ready to take the fight to the Indians.


I did think about a column of 2's and having the bases run length ways, but working at scale I think I can get away with 4 figures to a frontage and they still look the part in a column snaking across the plains.

The officers/big men include buglers and standards on a single base for the ease of deployment and use on the tabletop.

Next up the first of the Indians. 

10 comments:

  1. Looking good Stu and I prefer the 4 width unit to a 2 width one as I think it looks better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve, you never know they might make it to the Cotswolds, but I think time is against me.
      Cheers
      Stu

      Delete
  2. They are really cool Stu and I agree about the basing - they would look odd in combat if they were in columns of two, four deep - the only solution would be to have column AND deployed stands, and swap them over - thats a bit OCD in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That might be a step to far, I thought it was bad enough with mounted, dismounted, dead and horse holders :-)
      Cheers
      Stu

      Delete
  3. Basing looks great Stuart. The 4 figure frontage looks excellent. Good choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John, watching they died with their boots on today, they are in 4's. It's a sign I tell you....
      Cheers
      Stu

      Delete
  4. Nice work there Stuart- all progressing very well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just need to keep away from the distractions and the butterfly effect.
      Cheers
      Stu

      Delete
  5. Nice work I think the 4 across looks better given the small scale 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matt, I keep looking think they are better suited in this scale.
      Deep breath before I dive into the Indians.
      Cheers
      Stu

      Delete