Saturday, September 03, 2022

Operation Exporter - 5th Indian Brigade testers.

Perhaps 32 figures in a single batch or the lack of painting time over mid-summer is slowing me down.

In an effort to keep these moving I left the half-finished mass of Infantry behind and pressed on with a couple to figures in the hope that the finished mini's would break the painters block and give me that nudge to plough through the platoon.

Having opted for yet another 'odd' theatre with the Commonwealth forces taking on the Vichy French, I opted to paint up elements of the 5th Indian Brigade which would allow me to represent the Punjab & Rajputana regiments who played a prominent role in the Syrian Campaign.

Opted for a mix of head gear 


I toyed with the idea of a darker flesh palette but with a light flesh wash from Army Painter I am broadly happy with the outcome.


4 down 28 more to go.....

9 comments:

  1. Nice work! I love those obscure theaters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes for some interesting combinations.

      Delete
  2. They are looking good Stu! I always paint in bite sizes..I might go to twelve figures at a time max, but generally it's less. Then, I can get them completed in two or three sessions, and I have constant progress (as you may have noticed from my blog posting!) As to skin tones, not all "people of color" (sic) are the same shade of colour. When I have painted Indian or African troops in the past, I have used a variety of different browns!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done Stu looking forward to a new theatre of action 👍

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well they look great. It sounds like we have a similar problem with model counts... 16-24 is a good size batch for me. Past 24 and all of sudden, the productivity nosedives. I'm sure the second half will be a breeze.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, it might be a mental thing but it's 48 boots, 72 pouches etc, etc.... However the plus side is it gives me a reasonable force once complete, rather than half finished units spread over several months :-)

      Delete