Thursday, December 22, 2022

How it started.... Merry Christmas.

Merry Christmas all.

This would usually be the post that describe the year in detail and plans for the year ahead, but for a change let's go back to the 1970's (not that you could tell from the carpet and moustache) and my first documented foray into wargaming. 

Now that we a great present, I loved that fort you could block the doors and the towers could slot on to any corner, the US Cavalry were always under attack by the Red Indians (Sorry Native Americans) hours of fun.

Fort Cherokee is still available on E-bay if you have £70 to spare.

Leap forward a number of decades and how things have moved on a proper table and far too many toys, scales and periods...



Thanks to everyone who has stopped by and taken time out to comment over the past 12 months. I hope everyone gets what they asked for. Who says we are difficult to buy for.
Just in case no one takes the hint in my house I have this little lot to work through as a back up.


Merry Christmas everyone see you all in 2023.

16 comments:

  1. Lovely photo…..we could only have dreamed of the toys we now have ! The desert war that does sound interesting !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So very true Matt, I sort of wished I had kept them all :-)

      Delete
  2. Great photo Stu.....I had this sort of thing too, back in the day, but no images unfortunately, and it's all long gone! Have a great Christmas and New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, as you can imagine my father loves being immortalised on the web :-)

      Delete
  3. MERRY CHRISTMAS to you Stuart and Family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'll have nightmares about that 'tache Stu ;) ! The fort brings back memories of the Airfix Roman one that became a stand in for many a period all those years ago. Simpler times with few toys that were happily played with, historically correct or otherwise!

    Have a very Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And to you Steve, yep it was quite the thing :-) - I always wanted the French Foreign Legion one - Who knows where the desert war will lead, was quite tempted by the RIF War :-)
      Cheers
      Stu

      Delete
  5. Great photo indeed! Merry Christmas Stu.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool photo Stu! Have a great Xmas and New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And to you Ray, I hope you had plenty of toys :-)

      Delete
  7. Have a great festive period!🍾
    Captain Darling

    ReplyDelete
  8. Groovy to see the 70s! Are the buildings in your North Africa photos from a kit? I would be interested in finding some like that for my Tunisia 1943 project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey SD - They were from scale creep in the US, I think they might be OOP as the guys have switched to MDF buildings. A real shame....

      Delete