Sunday, August 16, 2015

England Invaded 1880 - A Wargames Campaign

It must be several years since I have run a proper campaign, over recent years linked scenarios have been the order of the day, but with some interest and a little bit of press ganging over at Wyvern Wargamers and inspiration in no small part from by Prima Lucam's excellent blog. , I thought I would give if another crack.

Back in 1998 Rage software brought out a real-time strategy game for the War of the Worlds, I must have spent many a late night hunched over the PC screen cursing those bloody tripods...

It came with a very nice campaign system similar in style to the Total War series of games, it reminded me of the Sport of Kings campaign element of - Warfare in the Age of Reason - Seven Years War Rules - The challenge was to tweak the campaign rules with the Rage software for table top gaming and a number campaign moves representing the supposed Martian invasion of Victorian England.



Campaign Rules
A player wins the game by holding the largest number of counties. Each county generates a number of points, Manpower for the Crown Forces, Blood Resources for the Martian Forces.

The full rules can be found Here. 

Initial moves and dispositions to follow shortly.

9 comments:

  1. Very interesting - War of the Worlds was and still is my favorite RTS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to our first installment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slowly but surely I drew my plans against you... :-)
      See you soon.
      Stu

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Jason - Starting very soon.
      Cheers
      Stu

      Delete
  4. Sounds cool. My experience with campaigns is mixed. The first one I participated in was nice, but subsequent ones fizzled out for various reasons. Best wishes for your campaign, of course.

    ReplyDelete