Monday, April 13, 2020

Red Pheonix - The wheels of Industry.

Having completed and upgraded the rural buildings several weeks ago. I needed to complete the warehouses and factories. I had started them several years go but they needed basing up to fit in with the rest of the buildings.


All pieces from the team at Time Cast.


Somewhere in the storage box I have some civilian lorries and vehicles which I will add to the base at another time. I walled off the compound and added some clutter such as crates and barrels.


These will be useful as a complex which will needed to be captured or defended.


Also completed and refreshed are a couple of larger buildings, a small apartment block large house, perhaps a regional command post or factory owner?


All of these come from Time Casts Russian East European Range. I will need to pick up couple of additional items to complete the terrain in the form of some roads and perhaps some more field works.


The storage box still contains around 20 MBT's to paint up, I never got round to them originally when I first started the project as they looked to have been GHQ rip offs, I wondered why they were cheap on e-bay but they are the *last models for this project. I should get to these before the end of the month.
*Well I might be tempted by some air elements.

I have a couple of games lined up for when we are released and also fancied rolling the games into a wider campaign having just picked up a copy of an old classic - Tactics II.

So many ideas so few opponents.....

10 comments:

  1. Those look great Stu, especially the large industrial complex.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve they should fit in well.
      Cheers
      Stu

      Delete
  2. So few opponents - but soo much time - looks like you will be solo gaming war on the Korean Peninsula Stu...have you given any thought to the Norths ballistic missile capability - might make it a rather short game though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good job I am focusing on the mid 80's before the technology got to clever, I love the idea of BTR60's rushing forward.... Or it could be I just watched Heart Break Ridge and had my head turned with now making these guys Cubans :-)
      Cheers
      Stu

      Delete
  3. Getting through the buildings Stu. I have a big box full of undercoated stuff in the loft. I am enjoying just grabbing random stuff and painting it with no better reason than I want to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed I have a list of 'fillers' I need to get through before kicking off the Ancient project.
      Cheers
      Stu

      Delete
  4. That's quite a set up Stuart love the factories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great stuff. I also have some buildings to finish... Maybe it is time to put them back in the queue...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marvelous looking terrain pieces!

    ReplyDelete