Wednesday, March 27, 2019

V The Original Miniseries - Crooked Dice.

These are the last ones honest....
I know I should be painting more Haitians but after finishing the first batch of Alien Invaders I had the urge to swap a couple of heads and paint up some security troopers. With only 8 figures in the original release these adaptions should bolster the Visitor force to make them a worth putting on the tabletop.



Putting a Shock Trooper Head on "John" gives me an extra commander and "Johns" head is a good fit on one of the troopers to give me another Trooper wearing sunglasses. I could have used the lizard heads supplied but you rarely show these in the show from the 80's.
On the far right is a cap wearing engineer armed with a laser rifle.


Crooked Dice do some spare heads wearing Sunglasses and whilst not true to the series are a good fit to act as proxy Security personnel.


The full "Visitor" detachment - No Rodent is safe.
I have enough now to put on a reasonable skirmish, with the promise of resistance in the future who knows where this will go.



A close up of the Engineers, Shock Troopers, Commanders and Security Personnel. 
I am really pleased with how these have turned out, colour seems just right to replicate the original mini series.
Right back to some serious painting now I have got these out of my system.

5 comments:

  1. Nice little distraction thing we need to see them in some form of game 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always good to have other projects on the go to keep things fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have suitable resistance figures in the leadpile

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing. One of my favourite scifi series. I like to watch it every few months.

    ReplyDelete
  5. More great looking figures Stu - look forward to a V themed game in the near future....

    ReplyDelete